Reporting to the Development Manager or QA Lead a QA Analyst has the following responsibilities:
- Identify testing requirements for development workload.
- Testing of web, mobile & desktop-based applications to identify defects and help troubleshoot issues.
- Produce and execute test plans, scripts, cases, acceptance criteria and scenarios.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to release.
- Plan and organise own daily testing activities alongside product owners and developers.
- Work with developers to help define and implement the testing needs of each application and where applicable implement end user automated tests using industry standard frameworks
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with development process.
- Degree in CS or related topic
- ISTQB Certified Tester (Foundation)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years in a QA role.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exposure to APIs, e.g.: SOAP/XML, REST/JSON.
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience of working with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiar with software release processes and be able to demonstrate experience from previous roles.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment focused on short delivery timescales.
- Atlassian Jira for project and issue management.
- Experience with platforms and technologies such as AWS/EC2.
- Experience with implementing and using automated test tools for user journey testing, e.g. Selenium and cucumber.
- Need to have a ‘can do’ attitude to problem management.
- A good team-player who is a driven self-starter and highly motivated.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment with multiple customers and tasks